Roger Vicker, CCP
spectrum IT professional
- Specializing in IBM i (formerly AS400,
iSeries/400, System i), IBM
Windows (including WinXP, Windows 2003
server & Windows
- Proud sponsor of Southwestern Community College (SWCC) for
IBM Partners in Education program. Assisting SWCC in getting,
installing, and teaching on an IBM i (formerly AS400,
iSeries/400, System i).
- Based in Southwest Iowa I provide:
- assistance in establishing a web presence (individual domain, web pages, email services).
- selection assistance (hardware, software and services)
you need not what I sell.
- setup (hardware and software).
- installation. (new systems, add on cards, modems,
- ongoing support services. (system checks, file cleanups,
malware removal, virus removal,
and fix reviews)
- training on what you really want to
or Group, Office or Class room)
- plain English explanations.
- in training I'll show you how once, coach while you do
yourself once, then be your safety net while you do it again.
- translation of technical manuals into what you
- all the above also applies to internet access (web
e-mail, news groups, connections).
- Network design, installation and maintenance. Local
- all at your location so you don't need to pack up and
- I don't subscribe to the "Less is more" nor the "Bigger is
Better" philosophy. I try to find the right value in between the two. If
something provides more return than what it costs or is involved to get
it, then it is worth adding/doing.
- Recent projects have included:
- Manufacturing (MRP II) (installation, customization, and
- Conversion to B&L Information Systems
(BLIS/400), on going add-ons and support.
- Inventory systems (PC with WIN98, iSeries/400 formerly
- Harbinger Premenos EDI interface and installation.
- Software Plus Payroll (installation, customization and
- EzPrint/400 check printing (installation, and on going
- Utility Billing System (conversion from S36 emulation on
network to AS/400, revision, updating, and on going enhancements).
- Bar Coded manufacturing shop floor data collection
(installation, customization and data transfer to AS/400).
- Bar Coded Shipping labels.
- Bar Coded invoices.
- General Ledger with Projects, Budgeting, and Cash
Tracking (Checks, Deposits).
- Remote Access Server (RAS) installation and
Sometimes known as Remote Dial-in Server, Dial-up Server, or Dial-up
Networking. It is any device that allows you to connect to your private
network by using modems and regular telephone lines.
- IBM i (formerly AS400, iSeries/400, System i) server
setup with Ethernet
- Domino and Notes setup on IBM i (formerly
AS400, iSeries/400, System i)
- Domain configuration.
- Publicly accessible web server.
- SMTP for email.
- Web access to email.
- Apache web server setup on iSeries/400 (formerly AS/400)
- Networking with Ethernet and TCP/IP including:
- Firewall installation and configuration.
- VPN connection of 2 or more sites, installation and
- Wireless Access Point and networking installation and
- Domain registration and configuration.
- Setup and configuration of web sites with third party
- DSL, Cable Modem and Wireless connections to the
- Small office networks based on Windows 2003 server,
Windows 2008 server and
(Win9x, Win2K, & WinXP)
- Linuux based network monitoring (Nagios) and file-print
- Palm PDA custom projects.
- Video Surveillance using Windows XP PC and Geovision
- Certified Computer
1987. Participant in Professional Development program (120 contact
of continuing education each 3 year cycle).
Roger Vicker, CCP
1333 Hwy. 25
Creston, Ia. 50801-8029
Phone: (641) 782-2004
Email for more information
Machine: (641) 782-8746
Visit Vicker Pony Farm.
Visit Vicker Harness Shop.
Return to Vicker Home Page.
All contents and photos are
copyrighted © 1996-2004
by Roger Vicker and may not be re-distributed.
information on certification from the ICCP.
An IBM midrange focused
community and education source.